Here at NYL Restaurant & Bar, we're wild about the perfect pasta dish. There's nothing better than chowing down on a bowl of fresh and delightfully tasty meatball pasta. Here's Head Chef Alan's top tops to making the ideal meatball pasta:
- Always use good quality mince for your meatballs, I’d say no more than 20% fat and should be ‘fine ground’
- Pan fry your meatballs first to get the caramelization process going to really deepen the flavour, then braise in the marinara to really to marry the flavours together
- Brown sugar and balsamic vinegar are key ingredients for a banging Marinara sauce
- Oregano is my preferred herb for this dish, but basil is also a good shout (I prefer dried as it gives a fuller flavour)
- Don’t be shy with the garlic, unless it’s date night!
If you don’t fancy making your own, them come and try ours from the Bar Menu every day from 12pm – 10pm!